Between sickness and snow, I’ve not gotten to work on these gals anymore. I’m not sure whether to stitch around them with batting attached or without. I bought some fusible batting at the Needlework Extravaganza in Statesville last weekend. I may give that a try.
I found this Carol Doak paper piecing book at our local library. Somehow I missed this one in purchasing her books. This has several blocks I don’t already have in my collection. One of them is an airplane and should make an adorable quilt for the grandbaby (who in his last photo op, i.e.,
sonogram, appears to be a boy!)
Last Friday, a week ago, I drug my sewing machine down to Sew Original in Winston-Salem to take a class in bobbin embroidery. It was most interesting and here’s my experimental sampler.
I’ve embroidered over the designs in the corners, put the batting and backing on (I chose a pretty bright pastel green for the back,) and quilted the “bee lines. I “pillowcased“the back to the front and turned it so I wouldn’t have to do binding. I hate binding, but if I’d purchased pre-folded, I don’t know if it would have been any harder than what I did. You can see I left it open at the bottom so I could turn it.
(I bought those bent safety pins at JoAnn in Winston yesterday. ‘Love ’em.)
Now, I’m using DMC floss to quilt the “pre-stamped” stitches. I’d like to quilt around Pooh and his friends on the machine, but I’m afraid I’ll make a mess. I’ve done too much handwork on this quilt top to ruin it.