is the Pantone color of the year, and look what i just won on eBay!
It’s carved from jasper, not coral, but the color is great. I think I’ll hang it from Kumihimo or Chirimen neckcord. I wonder if I can find or make a rose gold bail.
For Christmas, I asked for a year’s subscription to Bluprint that included access to all Craftsy classes and 12 classes to keep!
I changed the middle tassel on my gold pendant from mismatched chain to antique gold silk. I think I like it better.I swapped the bead above the center tassel, too.
Before: I also hung it from a gold-plated lantern chain.I might swap the chain for a heavier one, too. Then I’ll price it and list it in my shop.
When I spotted this swirling gold focal component in Candie Cooper’s Etsy shop, I knew it’d be great for capturing a Czech glass button.
I auditioned several and decided on this amber swirly one:
The chain tassels, I had on hand. All are from Michael’s. The middle one had to be removed from a lip shell and is a slightly different shade of faux gold. I may swap it out for a gold silk one before I’m finished.
I am pleased with it, and especially with the back:
The Czech button had a metal shank. I snipped it away with shears and filed it with a diamond file.
I wasn’t particularly pleased with the looks of that, so I hunted one of my tiny brass hummingbird stampings:
A little E6000 and ta-da!
A heavy gold bail and chain, and I might consider this one finished!
The enamel on the hand pressed button, is 24K, by the way!
I wanted a red bracelet, and couldn’t decide which of two designs to try, so I tried them both. I’ve posted the first. Here’s the second:
I wasn’t finished, but when the sun hit it this afternoon, I had to take its picture! Several times!
I bought a kit of Softflex beading wire from Jewelry Television, and it included garnet-colored, medium diameter wire. I bought the assortment of wire because it included silver and gold-plated. I wound up intrigued with the garnet.
I used the wire as a “carry-a-long” in the first red bracelet I made.
In this one, it’s the “main frame.”
I used three strands, an assortment of translucent beads, and gold colored findings, including a magnetic clasp.
I have enough materials to make another one, and I may write a little tutorial so I can remember how I made it. I think it’s very photogenic!
I like it so much, I’m wearing it, right now, with my pajamas!
This is possibly my favorite of all the things I make:
There is one little part I don’t like, though, the button shank: (It looks like a cat’s nipple.)
Now, you could argue it’s on the inside of the locket and doesn’t matter, but I still don’t like it. (It looks like a cat’s nipple.)
I have some tiny brass stampings I could use to cover it, but they are all too flat. I needed something more dapt, or concave.
Then it hit me, I could use a bead cap! Ta-da!
A little glue, and no more cat’s nipple. It’s a pasty. There might be one for sale on my shop page!Karla Krafts
I’m tired of waiting for my mini tassels to get here, so I decided to try to make one. I gathered 2 pieces of 26 gauge wire, a plastic knife, and a skein of good old DMC embroidery thread #321, Christmas red.
I wrapped the thread around the handle of the knife until it looked right, 5 or 6 times.
I slipped a piece of wire under one edge of the wrap and gave it a twist. I slipped the thread over onto one blade of my sewing scissors. I clipped the thread and used the other wire to wrap around the top of the tassel.
After a lot more twisting and trimming and mashing, looping and attaching, I was done with one tassel, and I believe that’s enough!
I’m playing a game with myself. I can’t start any new jewelry project until I finish two old ones. That way, many years from now, I’ll catch up!
This red bracelet is patterned after the one Candie Cooper taught us at the JTV Experience. I’m making it for myself. I’ve ordered tiny tassels to put on the ends. They’ve not arrived so I can’t consider it finished. I guess I’ll need to finish something else’s in it’s place, before I start something new. There’s always a kumicord to work on…
My polymer clay experiment has baked for 24 hours and has still not hardened in the middle. More about this later.