Tag Archives: Barbie

Latest Barbie Dress

Latest Barbie Dress

I used the Vanna’s Glamour yarn in gold and the first skirt and top pattern I tried from Sticka till Barbie

This time I got the rib pattern right, and instead of casting off the top of the skirt, I just changed to stockinette stitch and kept going. I tried to make the arm holes bigger for Wonder Woman’s buff arms. It didn’t work, but I’m still happy. 

This model is Dee Dee from Barbie and the Rockers, another basement find!

The Rainbow Dress

The Rainbow Dress

The rainbow dress Vivi requested is finished, almost. I am not particularly pleased with it. It needs blocking, but I’m afraid of melting the shiny (polyamide?) fibers in the yarn.

I followed pattern #45 from Sticka till Barbie, but I made lots of mistakes. Luckily, this nubby yarn (Lion Brand Bon Bons in Celebrate) is fairly forgiving. I used the colors leftover from my other Barbie projects, so hopefully Vivi will be forgiving, too.

Barbie doesn’t look thrilled either. Maybe, it’s the burgundy backdrop she’s eyeing. Could be it’s the Christmas tree still up and lit on Jan. 2. I keep mine on until the Epiphany.

My own pattern!

My own pattern!

Remember this old girl, Fashion Queen Barbie? She came in an Egyptian-looking bathing suit with a head scarf and 3 wigs! Only this blond one has survived at my house.


She’s my latest model since Hispanic Barbie is visiting with Vivien. I was looking for a simple knitted dress pattern, but the one I found was not simple at all. So, I came up with my own. It needs some tweaking before I share it. 

I’ll try again, after I have a go at the “rainbow dress” Vivi has requested. I’m also going to try a Fun Fur wrap!

Barb’s New Outfit! 

Barb’s New Outfit! 

Barbies’s all set for a Christmas party in her new sweater and skirt!

It’s knit from the same Lions Brand Bon Bon Yarn in red. The pattern became my own. I started with the skirt and messed up on the second row. The whole skirt was supposed to be knit in K1P1 rib, but I knit in my purls and purled in my knits. That makes a seed stitch. Instead of ripping it out and starting over, I kept going, at least for about 6 rows. I’m not crazy about seed stitch, so I changed to stockinette. I knit the length of the skirt and finished it with a few toes of seed stitch. The top called for stockinette, but I finished it in matching seed stitch, too!

I haven’t sewn the back of the top yet. I’m afraid I won’t be able to get it back on the Doll. I may opt for hooks or snaps. I don’t like the Velcro used on most doll clothes, today.

The sweater set is based on number 39 from www.stickatillbarbie.se. Barbie has a new outfit and I’m afraid I may have a new obsession.