Category Archives: paint

Merry Christmas, Everybody!

Merry Christmas, Everybody!
Merry Christmas, Everybody!

Oh, no, Nana! Not another cap!
Merry Christmas from
Kent, Karla & PJ!

I used Photo Frame Show again this year to create a Christmas ecard. Consequently, I learned how to change the size of a JPEG file using Paint. (Open the photo with Paint, choose Image, choose Resize/Skew, change the vertical and horizontal widths to 50% and “save as” a similar name.) I created the card using Frame Show’s free online software and sent the card to myself. I downloaded the image, and by saving it, I can use it in other applications! Ho!Ho!Ho! Thank you, Frame Show!

Big Doings This Week!

Big Doings This Week!
Big Doings This Week!

PJ’s first birthday party is coming up! ‘Wish I could say I designed the invitation, but my daughter did it! She used an online website that I’ll have to find out about. I scanned it and opened it in “Paint” so I could cover up the personal information.

I’ve got to get his “Pooh” quilt finished!!!!! I’m also considering composing a “PJ Dictionary” so folks attending can understand all his precious first words! “Pooh Buh!” is Pooh Bear by the way!
He loves the Winnie the Pooh theme song and will always stop fussing if you sing it–a very useful tool, indeed!

AND DO NOT LET ME FORGET TO TRACE HIS LITTLE HAND! I’d like to do that every birthday, transfer them to fabric, and make a quilt someday.

Wreath Restoration

Wreath Restoration
Wreath Restoration

Here’s a craft I worked on over Christmas. My mom had made this grapevine and holly wreath for me several years ago. Because I hang it on a sunny side of the house, the ribbon and holly berries were terribly faded.

I really like this wreath, so I set out to restore it. I took all the plastic berries off, (the leaves were still in pretty good shape,) and sprayed them with red spray paint for plastic. It took several sprays from different angles to cover the round surfaces of the berries.

I covered the old faded ribbon with new red grosgrain, cut the old away, and replaced the berries. I am very pleased with the results!