The only misgivings I have about the spray is it contains toluene. Because Hurricane Sandy was afoot, (we only got wrap around winds, here,) I sprayed it in the basement, but made sure I scotched the door open for ventilation.
I fused three silkies onto Bible cover foundations. The Wonder Under worked great. It was the heavy adhesive kind.
The fabrics to surround Rembrandt’s “Head of Christ” were next. I think they are most beautiful.
I had thought “The Good Shepherd” protrait of Jesus would be the easiest to choose coordinating colors for, but it was the toughest. Since I’m way too sick to go to church in the morning, I’ll save that to do then, as an act of worship.
This is not the best photo in the world, but I just want to document what I’ve done. I printed four of the “Bible cover” images on silk charmeuse. Before I printed them, I edited them by increasing the saturation of color for each image. It was too much for the “Three Mary’s.” They look like they’ve found the fiery furnace instead of the empty tomb.
I traced and cut out a 8,1/2″x11″ piece of Wonder Under that I’m going to fuse to the back of the silk after I remove it’s paper backing. Then I’ll cut the images apart and fuse them to the muslin Bible cover foundations. I’ll have to be careful with my iron, not to burn the silk (though that might enhance the look of the “Three Mary’s!”)