Tag Archives: paint
Revisiting the 100 Days
Here are photos of the experiments I conducted and the papers I created during The 100 Days Project. I concentrated on making collage papers.
TO BE CONTINUED…
Something interesting with tape, paint and wax paper
I have been painting all kinds of media to use as materials for the 100 day challenge. I found two different rolls of medical tape in our first aid drawer. I placed a piece of each on wax paper so I could peel them off later. I painted each with Ceramcoat Gleams acrylic paint in Fuchsia PRL.
There was already gold metallic acryllic paint on the wax paper. When the tape dried, I carefully pulled it away from the wax paper. It brought the gold paint with it.
Any place on the tape that was sticky could be used to pull more gold paint off the wax paper.
I have got to think about how I can put this to use!
Polymer and Paint
Today’s experiment:Remember the black butterfly I cast in Sculpey Soufflé polymer back in January?
Its been baked, and today I painted it with Lumiere paints. I used a dry paint technique with angled bristle brushes. I used a liner on the body.
I had lots of paint leftover, so I brushed some gold on a red piece I had molded, cast, and baked.
The Lumiere paints have lots of shine, so I think I’ll finish these with a satin glaze.
Project of the (2) Week(s)
Our mailbox was shabby, with NO chic. I sprayed it with bleach cleaner to kill mold and algae. I scraped it to remove peeling paint. Then I used primer and spray paint from previous projects, here and at Mama’s. It took 2 weeks, off and on, and many coats of white, but only cost $1.04! I was out of black for the numbers!
The stocking ornament was a gift from a student in 1990.