This is my entry for the Chip Challenge on the Beady Bunch page. The Beady Bunch is an online beading group I belong to.
The chips are citrine, the pendant component is brass, and the chain and findings are gold-plated.
I’m getting lots of positive feedback from my beading buddies! Happy Dance!
I’m trying to design a bead strand from which to hang my polymer clay butterfly. The scale is all wrong here. The beads are too fat! Back to the drawing (bead) board!
I think this 14k gold-plated chain and a jump ring might be all the butterfly needs. The bail is 18k.
Today’s experiment:Remember the black butterfly I cast in Sculpey Soufflé polymer back in January?
Its been baked, and today I painted it with Lumiere paints. I used a dry paint technique with angled bristle brushes. I used a liner on the body.
I had lots of paint leftover, so I brushed some gold on a red piece I had molded, cast, and baked.
The Lumiere paints have lots of shine, so I think I’ll finish these with a satin glaze.
I changed the middle tassel on my gold pendant from mismatched chain to antique gold silk. I think I like it better.I swapped the bead above the center tassel, too.
Before: I also hung it from a gold-plated lantern chain.I might swap the chain for a heavier one, too. Then I’ll price it and list it in my shop.
When I spotted this swirling gold focal component in Candie Cooper’s Etsy shop, I knew it’d be great for capturing a Czech glass button.
I auditioned several and decided on this amber swirly one:
The chain tassels, I had on hand. All are from Michael’s. The middle one had to be removed from a lip shell and is a slightly different shade of faux gold. I may swap it out for a gold silk one before I’m finished.
I am pleased with it, and especially with the back:
The Czech button had a metal shank. I snipped it away with shears and filed it with a diamond file.
I wasn’t particularly pleased with the looks of that, so I hunted one of my tiny brass hummingbird stampings:
A little E6000 and ta-da!
A heavy gold bail and chain, and I might consider this one finished!
The enamel on the hand pressed button, is 24K, by the way!
I put together a simple chain necklace for Barbie. I hope she doesn’t look like a rapper!
I used the Vanna’s Glamour yarn in gold and the first skirt and top pattern I tried from Sticka till Barbie
This time I got the rib pattern right, and instead of casting off the top of the skirt, I just changed to stockinette stitch and kept going. I tried to make the arm holes bigger for Wonder Woman’s buff arms. It didn’t work, but I’m still happy.
This model is Dee Dee from Barbie and the Rockers, another basement find!
in gold! Hurray! It arrived from Amazon, today! I’m thinking about trying this pattern:
PS: no way! I pulled up the pattern and the instructions were ridiculous! It was knit top down with bunches of increases. I think it’s much easier to decrease, so I’m going to reverse engineer it and create my own!
and the person who bought it actually came to pick it up and paid me!!! (I have three pieces that are waiting for their future owners!)
This is Mookaite from Australia, just like the burgundy piece I have for sale at the Wildflowers Shop in Elkin. Mookaite can be burgundy, pink, rust, gold, white or a combination of any or all of those colors! This piece is mainly rust and gold, so I wove a Kumihimo braid of rust and gold satin cord. I’d hoped to finish it in the fall, but had to find just the right antique copper findings!