Is finished, with a day to spare! Then, I looked at my list, and realized it should of been for March!when I made this pillow top, using every inch of the fabric I had on hand, the pillow front was kind of blah.
I had these 3 butterfly images from Dover Pictura. I printed them first on paper, on draft, so the colors would be soft. Then I printed them, again, on Extravorganza. I used Mistyfuse Ultraviolet to fuse the images on the pillow top.
I am “right pleased” as they say around here.
This one turned out a little better.
My friend, Laura, and I used the cozy instructions from Craftsy. I rounded the corners on this one, but they didn’t come out very round. I also decided to skip the top stitching on this one. I glued the raw edges together and clamped them at the opening where I turned it.
We’ll see how well it holds up in the microwave and washer.
The 10” fabric squares are from Craftsy, too.
Yes, I have lost my mind. That navy t-shirt Allen is wearing is one of the hardest things I have sewn in years.
I got this crazy idea.
When I wear out sweats and tee’s, and they’re too far gone to donate, I recycle them into dust cloths. Small bits and pieces get tossed, so why not make doll clothes from them?
I recently ordered this collection of Barbie and Ken doll clothes patterns.
They are from The Classic Archives on eBay. I printed the pattern for the simplest male t-shirt I could find on the disc.
I pinned it to the hem of one leg of my old beloved navy knit pants.
My sewing pins we’re at Mama’s, but I found some T pins at home.
After I cut it out, I took the shirt pieces to Mama’s and attempted to sew them on my machine. The seam allowances were so small, the feed dogs just chewed the soft jersey knit. The bobbin wadded and knotted three times. I re-threaded at least four. If I try another shirt, I’ll sew it by hand.
I couldn’t resist this at Dollar General today. $10.00 is a lot for needles, but it does include that nifty sewing kit. I’ll report on the usefulness of the needles after I’ve tried them out.
Well now, it’s pretty obvious that my big felt idea involves pockets so I’ll call these, “protopockets:” Protopocket 1: My seam allowance (1/4″) is too small for what I have in mind, and too hard to maintain. The felt wants to slide a little. I used a Bernina #20 open-toed embroidery foot on these. The decorative stitch is #16 and is too narrow.
Protopocket 2: Much better! Both the seam allowance and the decorative stitch are wider. The seam is 1/2″. The decorative stitch is 4×4. I learned that it’s not necessary to backstitch to secure the decorative stitch, it just makes a waddy mess.
Protopocket 3: I used decorative stitch #17 set at 5×4. I like it!
Here’s something else I made for PJ before I knew if he was a girl or a boy. I’m thinking about making these to sell, or at least to give as gifts for winter babies. The outside is fleece, the inside is a shaggy, chenilley minky, and the sash is bridal satin. This one was tee-niny, so I think I’ll have to make them a little bigger.