is this design from the Quilt Square Girls in West Jefferson, NC. It seems like every time I turn one of their barn quilts into a necklace, that one becomes my favorite!I don’t know the name of this pattern, but it’s very folksy, and I love it!
This style is different than the images under glass that I made originally. These are more of a laminated lucite. They are harder to produce, but they look more like miniature barn quilts to me.
Look what I made, a Black-eyed Susan! I used Susan Thomas’s instructions and added another layer of petals (6, 7 was too many.) I wired them to themselves for a few rounds to keep them from nesting directly behind the front layer. Because there is an even number on the back row, I had to wrap all the way around a petal and weave in the opposite direction to secure the beads.
The beads are all Czech glass from JTV kits. The wire is 26g and all one piece , about 4 ft. I had just enough to leave a little tail to attach it to something.
I finally made one! Remember the video I shared on Feb. 4? Here’s my first attempt:
The video called for Aileen’s Tacky Glue, but mine was so old, it had dried to a solid bottle of rubber. I used Modpodge for Fabric and did not like the way it felt when dry. I wrapped the wire a second time and just used the Modpodge on the underside of the fabric. Much better!
The fabric strip was colorful, but flat, and dull. I added a very shiny, bright purple ribbon with a metallic edge.
After I wrapped that around and secured it, I followed with a variety of tiny coordinated beads strung on 26 gauge copper wire. I swirled the ends and used those swirls to attach it to itself. Finished fun!
I have been searching for this video! I thought I’d added it to my playlists.
I found the floral wire at Dollar Tree, and I am looking forward to making some of these!