is this design from the Quilt Square Girls in West Jefferson, NC. It seems like every time I turn one of their barn quilts into a necklace, that one becomes my favorite!I don’t know the name of this pattern, but it’s very folksy, and I love it!
I’m also pleased with the tiny antique button clasp I found to finish it.
This style is different than the images under glass that I made originally. These are more of a laminated lucite. They are harder to produce, but they look more like miniature barn quilts to me.
Laura and I got together a couple of weeks ago for one of our play dates. We made jewelry and did a little sewing. We had a great visit with Libby at Sew Blessed Quilt Shop. We ate lots of great food. The best thing was probably a strawberry margarita cupcake!
The top two are Laura’s. The bottom one is mine.
Laura tried a bigger soup cozy. It’s 12”x12.” It turned out great!
‘Wish I’d taken a picture of that cupcake! Wish I had another one!
My daughter’s birthday is today. I made her this as part of her gift.
Is finished, with a day to spare! Then, I looked at my list, and realized it should of been for March!when I made this pillow top, using every inch of the fabric I had on hand, the pillow front was kind of blah.
I had these 3 butterfly images from Dover Pictura. I printed them first on paper, on draft, so the colors would be soft. Then I printed them, again, on Extravorganza. I used Mistyfuse Ultraviolet to fuse the images on the pillow top.
I am “right pleased” as they say around here.
Look what I made, a Black-eyed Susan! I used Susan Thomas’s instructions and added another layer of petals (6, 7 was too many.) I wired them to themselves for a few rounds to keep them from nesting directly behind the front layer. Because there is an even number on the back row, I had to wrap all the way around a petal and weave in the opposite direction to secure the beads.
The beads are all Czech glass from JTV kits. The wire is 26g and all one piece , about 4 ft. I had just enough to leave a little tail to attach it to something.
PJ has been staying with me during spring break, and has made me a couple pair of earrings.
He’s also learned to watermark his photos, using an app called Snapseed.
for the Quilt Square Girls in West Jefferson!
Well, pretty much. That one floppy ear needs some work.
- This is Unice the Unicorn by the Velvet Acorn on Etsy. I used leftover yarn from the gold Barbie dress I knitted to crochet the horn. The horn is my own concoction. The lavender one I knitted by the pattern was too big.
This yarn is Vanna’s Glamour. The rest of the scarf and hood is knit in Bernat Blanket. I worked on it off and on for two months.
I finally made one! Remember the video I shared on Feb. 4? Here’s my first attempt:
The quilts I use as slipcovers in Mama’s living room came tied in a long bias strip of fabric. I used it to wrap the wire base of this bangle.
The video called for Aileen’s Tacky Glue, but mine was so old, it had dried to a solid bottle of rubber. I used Modpodge for Fabric and did not like the way it felt when dry. I wrapped the wire a second time and just used the Modpodge on the underside of the fabric. Much better!
A little bird kept it all in place while it dried!
The fabric strip was colorful, but flat, and dull. I added a very shiny, bright purple ribbon with a metallic edge.
After I wrapped that around and secured it, I followed with a variety of tiny coordinated beads strung on 26 gauge copper wire. I swirled the ends and used those swirls to attach it to itself. Finished fun!
on Vivi’s scarf is half done and looking good, I think! This was my project for February! Check out today’s date! I said I might get it done in time for summer! Today is Wednesday, and there’s a slight chance of snow for Sunday night. I will try to get it done!
The yarn is Bernat Blanket, and it is heavenly soft! It’s also a good yarn for a finger and forearm workout!