I just finished and framed my “Idea Lady.” She’s a very bad magazine image transfer that I festooned with butterflies I punched from clothing catalogs. Those butterflies are all ideas coming out of her head. She doesn’t look like me, but she is me, so I’ll keep her for myself. Now, where to hang her?
Here are photos of the experiments I conducted and the papers I created during The 100 Days Project. I concentrated on making collage papers.
TO BE CONTINUED…
So, I got an idea to enhance the flowers with puffy paint.
It dried shiny, and almost crystalline looking. It looks great, but is very hard to photograph.
Laura and I made merlings yesterday morning! Merlings are the brain child of Christi Friesen.
The image is a momigamied page from a local magazine, mounted on white metallic painted tissue, mounted on canvas board painted metallic blue.
Instead of using oil, as in traditional momigami, I dry brushed some of the white metallic paint and added tiny specks of iridescent white glitter glue.
I made the paddle with a piece of dowel and polymer clay. The wave at the bottom is made of silver tube beads laid end to end.
The hanging cord is a piece of salvaged ear wire. The paddle is secured with pieces of braided “mini rope.”
The whole piece is finished with 7coats of clear gloss spray. I also gave it a couple of shots of UV Preserve before adding the gloss spray.
It is signed and dated with my K♥️ signature under one loose corner of the momigamied image.
If you can knit, you’ll always have something to pass the time.