Well, pretty much. That one floppy ear needs some work.
- This is Unice the Unicorn by the Velvet Acorn on Etsy. I used leftover yarn from the gold Barbie dress I knitted to crochet the horn. The horn is my own concoction. The lavender one I knitted by the pattern was too big.
This yarn is Vanna’s Glamour. The rest of the scarf and hood is knit in Bernat Blanket. I worked on it off and on for two months.
I finally made one! Remember the video I shared on Feb. 4? Here’s my first attempt:
The quilts I use as slipcovers in Mama’s living room came tied in a long bias strip of fabric. I used it to wrap the wire base of this bangle.
The video called for Aileen’s Tacky Glue, but mine was so old, it had dried to a solid bottle of rubber. I used Modpodge for Fabric and did not like the way it felt when dry. I wrapped the wire a second time and just used the Modpodge on the underside of the fabric. Much better!
A little bird kept it all in place while it dried!
The fabric strip was colorful, but flat, and dull. I added a very shiny, bright purple ribbon with a metallic edge.
After I wrapped that around and secured it, I followed with a variety of tiny coordinated beads strung on 26 gauge copper wire. I swirled the ends and used those swirls to attach it to itself. Finished fun!
on Vivi’s scarf is half done and looking good, I think! This was my project for February! Check out today’s date! I said I might get it done in time for summer! Today is Wednesday, and there’s a slight chance of snow for Sunday night. I will try to get it done!
The yarn is Bernat Blanket, and it is heavenly soft! It’s also a good yarn for a finger and forearm workout!