Monthly Archives: December 2017

Barb’s New Outfit! 

Barb’s New Outfit! 

Barbies’s all set for a Christmas party in her new sweater and skirt!

It’s knit from the same Lions Brand Bon Bon Yarn in red. The pattern became my own. I started with the skirt and messed up on the second row. The whole skirt was supposed to be knit in K1P1 rib, but I knit in my purls and purled in my knits. That makes a seed stitch. Instead of ripping it out and starting over, I kept going, at least for about 6 rows. I’m not crazy about seed stitch, so I changed to stockinette. I knit the length of the skirt and finished it with a few toes of seed stitch. The top called for stockinette, but I finished it in matching seed stitch, too!

I haven’t sewn the back of the top yet. I’m afraid I won’t be able to get it back on the Doll. I may opt for hooks or snaps. I don’t like the Velcro used on most doll clothes, today.

The sweater set is based on number 39 from www.stickatillbarbie.se. Barbie has a new outfit and I’m afraid I may have a new obsession.

New Soap Mold!

New Soap Mold!

I tried out one of the new soap molds I found on sale, today. The detail is hard to see, but I love to combine translucent glycerine soap with just an ounce of coco butter soap to give a carved alabaster look.


This is an Asian design with a magnolia in the center, and that’s what fragrance I used.

I guess if it was peach or pink, it could be a camellia or a peony. I’m pretty sure I have some peony fragrance. It was a dear departed friend of mine’s favorite. I’ll have to try that next time.

Friends who have used this kind of soap can attest that it is great stuff for shaving your legs. This cake is mine, but I’ll make more!

Project of the (2) Week(s)

Project of the (2) Week(s)

Our mailbox was shabby, with NO chic. I sprayed it with bleach cleaner to kill mold and algae. I scraped it to remove peeling paint. Then I used primer and spray paint from previous projects, here and at Mama’s. It took 2 weeks, off and on, and many coats of white, but only cost $1.04! I was out of black for the numbers!

The stocking ornament was a gift from a student in 1990.

Barbie’s Scarf

Barbie’s Scarf

It’s getting chilly, so I made Barbie a scarf. It was the perfect starter pattern because it let me gauge my gauge! (😆 knitting humor) This is my favorite Barbie, but she has a high forehead and thinning hair. I think I’ll try to knit the matching cap.The yarn is from Lion Brand’s Bon Bons, the Celebrate collection. The pattern is a simple K1P1 rib knit across 10 stitches on size 0 needles. It’s 10 inches long, bound off in the rib pattern.

Vivi’s Leg Warmers

Vivi’s Leg Warmers

My granddaughter spotted this yarn in my knitting box and wanted leg warmers. They’re finished! They look very narrow, but that K2P2 rib stitch is very stretchy.

If you are using a self-striping yarn, take note in the beginning the place (color) in the pattern where you start casting on. Choose the same place (color) to start casting on when you knit the second one. They’ll match!