Here’re the results of a recent experiment. I got a roll of fiberglass windowscreen at Lowes Home Improvement for about $5.00. I did some “beadpoint” using glass seed beads, Nymo beading thread, and a graph I enlarged from the Cross-Stitchers Club. I’m pretty pleased with the results, but it was really hard to photograph. The beads are very reflective.
I’d planned to put the piece in a tinier hoop and fix it as a suncatcher. Unfortunately, you can see the stitching when the light hits it a certain way. I am developing Plan B!
I stopped by the new JoAnn store in Mooresville a couple of weeks ago (I am thrilled about it!) and looked for a bead scoop. There was a set of three small “sugar scoop” looking ones for $5.00. Surely, I thought , I must have something at home that would work better. I rummaged through kitchen drawers and found it! This eighth of a teaspoon measure does the trick and cost me nothing!
When I discovered that the center of my white daisy had fallen out, I back-tracked all the way through the Belk parking lot and store. No luck! So, I found another smaller white daisy, took it off the stem and popped it into the the center of the first one. Now held in place with glue, I like it just as much, and maybe more since it’s a little different from the other two!